If you own a home in Georgia, you are responsible for maintaining the trees on your property. Keeping your trees trimmed improves the aesthetic of your yard and protects your house from potential damage from falling limbs or trunks. Regular tree pruning services keep nearby structures safe, such as sheds, utility lines, or your neighbor’s property. Learn why you should prune your trees as a Georgia resident and when to call a tree removal company like OuterElements Tree Services Division.
Why Should I Prune My Trees?
Properly pruning trees promotes the health and longevity of your trees while improving the safety and aesthetics of your lawn space. Consistent tree care, like adequately pruning your trees regularly, saves you from spending money on costly dead tree removals later on and offers many immediate benefits, including:
- Stimulates tree growth in mature trees
- Allows your tree to absorb more sunlight
- Removes unattractive or dead tree branches (protects branch collar)
- Crown reduction improves conditions for surrounding plants
- Pruning cuts can protect power lines from overgrown limbs
How Do I Prune My Trees?
If you plan to prune your trees without the help of a professional tree trimming service, it is crucial to use the correct techniques so you don’t end up damaging your tree. Learn how to prune a tree yourself by focusing on four primary areas.
- Cleaning: remove dead, dying, or diseased branches from the tree crown
- Raising: remove branches lower down to provide clearance space
- Reduction: reduce the height or spread of a tree by pruning back far enough so that secondary branches can assume the role of maintaining the tree’s form and structural integrity
- Reducing density: prune foliage at the crown to increase wind and light penetration and promote the development of inner foliage If you don’t want to risk damaging your trees by pruning them yourself, OuterElements offers professional tree pruning services for commercial and residential clients. OuterElements’ experienced tree trimming team offers pruning services to maintain the health of your trees and keep them looking fantastic all year.
When is the Best Time to Prune My Trees?
Light, routine pruning can be done any time of year. However, pruning in the early spring is the best way to maximize growth and wound closure. Oak trees can sometimes develop tree diseases like oak wilt, which can spread during pruning. Avoid pruning any susceptible trees during active transmission periods.
What Services Does OuterElements Offer?
For the best pruning results, connect with a tree pruning service. OuterElements provides lawn services that allow clients with any number of trees to keep their tree trimmers in the drawer. OuterElements service offerings include:
- Tree removal services
- Stump grinding
- Wood chip removal
- Emergency storm services
- Crane services
- Land clearing
- Insurance claim adjustment
If you need regular tree maintenance or to remove a tree on your property, contact OuterElements Tree Services Division today. Our certified tree specialists can help keep your lawn looking great and property safe by maintaining the trees in your yard.
If you live in North Atlanta, Acworth, Woodstock, Marietta, or Kennesaw, call us at (678) 445-1968 for a free quote.